Friday, November 28, 2008

A Small But Merry Christmas

As I'm putting up the tree today, and listening to some Christmas music, it's really hitting me that Christmas is not that far away. I also realize how small it's going to be this year. Small with gifts, but I'm going to make it big with warm memories. I'm going to do all that I can to make it a happy Christmas for my boys. I love them so much, and of course as parents we all want the best for our children. Though, they're young and really don't know what Christmas is. My oldest, Tristan who is 4 is starting to understand, but still don't do the "I Want" speeches. Looks like I'm going to be only afford 1 gift each this year for them. Just writing that, brings tears to my eyes. But, I grew up with small Christmas' and you know, they really warm my heart when I think of them or look at the pictures from my childhood. My parents didn't have a lot of money, but they always made it great, even if it was just the 4 of us. I just hope I can give my boys those kind of memories too.

I was watching the news, and all those people standing in line for Black Friday, and spending lots of money on gifts, that makes you wonder if their child will appreciate it. I admit, at a different time, I was one of those shoppers. I also remember before I had children, I would go to the local bank, and pick 2 angels from the tree, and buy like crazy for those who would have small Christmas'. It felt so good to do something good, even though I would never meet those children, but I would think of them Christmas morning,unwrapping their gifts and hoping they loved what they got. Someday, I hope to do that again, someday.

For now, I'm going to make this Christmas as special as I can for my boys. They're only 4 years old, 22 months old and 9 months old, but there's always pictures for them to look back on.

No comments:

Get Free Gifts By Searching The Web!